why be a donor
Senior Action is a vibrant, active, and growing organization that changes seniors’ lives every day. Seniors go from being isolated and alone to active, thriving, and engaged because of the programs we offer. We do it with the help of many committed individuals, businesses, and non-profit partners that also believe in investing in the lives of seniors. In fact, we would not be able to do any of it without them.
So, why would you want to support the work of Senior Action? There are many reasons, but just to name a few:
- Caring for seniors is expensive – Senior Action saves the community money. For an investment of only $450 a year, a senior can gain access to a wealth of services and activities. Comparatively, the median annual cost of an assisted living is $40,000.
- Currently, only 2% of charitable giving goes to support services for seniors. And, that has not changed in 20 years even though the percentage of the population who is senior has doubled in that time. Senior Action needs your support more than ever to keep up with the demands of this exploding population.
- Investing in seniors makes the whole community healthier. We need older adults living next door, serving on boards and councils, volunteering in our schools… it makes our whole community better.
where does support come from?
what does that money support?
opportunities to support
We invite you to become part of the mission of Senior Action to provide programs and services to keep seniors in our community thriving. There are a variety of ways you can support us financially.
- Make a donation one-time or make a commitment to support us monthly.
- Make a legacy gift by naming Senior Action in your will or as a beneficiary on your insurance. Make sure you share this commitment with your attorney and family members so they know how important Senior Action is to you.
- Check to see if the company you work for or retired from has a gift matching program and ask them to match your gift to Senior Action.
- Make a gift in honor or in memory of a loved one.
- Interested in naming rights for one of our many wonderful classrooms or studios? Contact us for more information about naming opportunities.
Senior Action partners with many other non-profit organizations to expand our impact in the community. These partnerships vary from sharing in costs of programs to contractual arrangements. We are thankful for the relationships we have with each of these organizations.
We are proud to work alongside these funding partners to help extend our reach. Each of these partners allow us to bring additional dollars to Greenville to serve even more people.
Since 2010, Senior Action has produced the fundraiser, Dancing with the Carolina Stars, raising over $982,000 to date for senior programs. This glamorous evening pairs local “stars” with professional dancers to compete for the title. Learn more about how you can support Senior Action through Dancing with the Carolina Stars.